As stated in “Shaman, Healer, Sage”, muscle testing is a great method for tracking imprints. This is because the body does not lie – I trust it implicitly. The steps are below:
- Start with a positive image – like a favorite place and perform a muscle test. This image should test strong.
- Energize the imprint by recalling and feeling the painful event connected to it. This will test weak.
- Immediately determine which chakra is connected to the compromised imprint by muscle testing each one.
- Bring one hand over the first chakra, two inches above the skin surface than perform the test.
- Continue with each chakra; ending at the crown.
- Note the state of each – working quickly.
Dr. Villoldo uses a method for tracking the imprints within the Luminous Energy Field. He employs muscle testing – a way of using the body to find out useful information about the body or what is going on with the individual subconscious. Alberto adapted this testing to track for imprints – he found this method could be very accurate way of doing so, at least until one is able to “see” the field and diagnosis in that way.
Below are a couple of ways to muscle test: #1 – is to test someone else and #2 – is to test yourself. Try them out. I usually use a different method of rubbing the thumb and middle finger together, using skin resistance as the indicator of truth or not. But which every method used, I’ve either experienced or heard they work very well.
Finally… on to Chapter 7 – The Illlumination Process.
In our everyday activity, we can be pulled in several different directions, every which way and loose. The Illumination Process is a type of healing that can bring us back into balance.
It is said that this process works in three ways:
- By burning up the sludge and deposits that cling to the walls of the chakras (promoting longevity and strengthening the immune system)
- By combusting the toxic energy around harmful physical and emotional imprints
- By scouring clean the imprints within the Luminous Energy Field
“Imprints are like dormant computer programs that when activated, compel us toward behaviors, relationships, accidents, and illnesses that parody the initial wounding… [They] can predispose us to follow certain pathways in life” (page 46).
Every imprint can be traced back to a specific chakra. It affects the chakra, which in turn affects our physical and emotional selves. Our past is connected to our present. But our goal with this type of healing is to encourage that which encourages growth and combust (burn away) that which does not.
More on combusting these energies soon.
When I started this blog, my approach was to summarize important books in the Energy Healing field. Take a book a week. Easy? Yes? No.
I quickly found out two things:
1) One week is not nearly enough time to sufficient summarize a book;
2) Learning Energy Healing (or learning anything for that matter) is much more than summarizing someone else’s ideas.
My goal was to be online every single day. But I am realizing this is more than just an intellectual exercise to one the involves a physical, emotional, and spiritual “coming together”.
And that takes time. Time needed to let the information percolate and steep within. To live with new practices means I can ponder them deeply and not feel rushed.
Taking my time to understand, to feel, to know, to become… it’s so necessary.
The Q’ero shaman helps to bring clarity, awareness, peace, and healing through the Illumination Process.
Alberto Villoldo provides another way to open up sacred space, outside of calling on the four directions. The alternative approach works with the eighth chakra – starting in a similar way to sensing the luminous energy field (“Reading Your Energy – 2/2/12).
Below are the steps:
- Place your hands in prayer pose.
- Raise them above your head into the eighth chakra (pictured above).
- Separate your hands to open the chakra, turning the hands out, and fanning them down shaping a dome around yourself.
- Welcome serpent, jaguar, hummingbird, & eagle. Thank Mother Earth and Father Sky.
- [The time for energy healing work]
- Reverse movements to close the sacred space.
- End with hands in a prayer pose.
- Release serpent, jaguar, hummingbird, eagle. Thank Mother Earth and Father Sky.
What does it mean to love and honor Pachamama? This video may give a few ideas…